Have you heard about GP online services?
Over 14 million people use GP online services to book GP appointments and order their repeat prescriptions online – isn’t it time that you joined them?
GP online services are available at surgeries across [insert CCG/CSU name] to help people to better manage their health. These FREE services enable you to book GP appointments, request repeat prescriptions and view your GP record and test results using your computer, tablet or smartphone, at a time that suits you. Anywhere, anytime – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Five reasons to use GP online services
1. They are quick, easy and secure to use.
2. It’s convenient: you can see the time and date of the appointments available and book the one that most suits you. You can have your prescription delivered to a pharmacy of your choice.
3. It’s safe: by using GP online services you order only the prescriptions that you need, which reduces errors and saves the NHS money.
4. You can use your online access to your GP record to help you to better look after your health and make informed decisions about your care and treatment in the future.
5. Your GP surgery benefits too: fewer calls to the surgery means that our staff have more time to devote to caring for our patients.
How to sign-up
Tell the reception staff that you’d like to use GP online services, complete the short form you are given and return it to the reception staff with two forms of ID; one of which should have a photo (such as a UK passport or driving licence) and the other should have your address (such as a council tax bill). If you don’t have photo ID or anything with your address on it, our practice will help you to prove you ID in another way. Find out more on the NHS Choices website at www.nhs.uk/GPonlineservices